- GBP325 - GBP350 per day
- UK, London
- Accounting, Corporate Accounting
- 17th August 2018
- Job Type
Our client, one of the biggest and most prestigious property and infrastructure businesses in the world, is looking for a qualified Finance Analyst to join the central construction unit working on several exciting projects across the portfolio.
The role of the Finance Analyst is to work closely with the wider construction business to create a partnership between the business unit's (BU) projects and finance. Furthermore provide support and analysis, to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in decision making.
- Manage BU overhead expenditure - review incurred costs, track overhead against agreed budget & forecast spend for key HY/FY periods
- Manage BU bid expenditure - review incurred costs, track bid spend against agreed budget & forecast spend for key HY/FY periods
- Manage and account for project accounting transactions, review project expenditures and any project cost allocations and prepare project management reports including variance analysis.
- Monthly BU reports for ELT - They interpret financial and non-financial data, in order and assess its value and then present the findings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and concise way
- Identify & understand financial and non-financial risk and opportunity across the BU's projects
- Commercial awareness, understanding and anticipating the needs of both operations and management
- Communicate with and explain financial concepts to non-finance people, be able to influence key decision makers and to think long-term
- Drive accuracy in monthly reporting by the BU's projects e.g. cashflow, cost forecasting,
- Business Plan- integral role in preparation of business plan. Responsibilities include; 5 year forecast of financial data, overheads, bids, competitor analysis, challenge key assumptions
- Supply chain analysis - detailed analysis of our supply chain to understand the risk of entering into contract with a specific supplier.
- Provide training to projects to improve: utilisation of finance systems, improve accuracy of financial data,
- Support the Finance Manager to manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial performance and reporting.
- Support the Finance Manager to manage project reporting including project in delivery reports as appropriate.
- Support the Finance Manager to provide insightful financial analysis for management information and use.
- Contribute to the preparation of budget plans, including profit, overhead and cash flow forecasting.
- Oversee monthly management reports, including profit and cash flow forecasting, and financial presentations for management information and use.
- Review, interpret and analyse financial statements, disclosures, and support documentation.
- Oversee financial transactions and accounting positions at project level, as appropriate.
- Provide commentary for management reports regarding profits, cash balances and other financial results.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the ELT and RLT and business unit as required.
- Ensure implementation of globally consistent policies, procedures, accounting standards and financial controls, and control processes.
- Support new business opportunities, including managing bid costs and providing financial analysis to support commercial decision making.
- Assist with portfolio pipeline planning and management of pipeline status updates
- Qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent) Recent and relevant people management experience (or equivalent level of skill obtained through on the job training/experience).
- Experience with TM1 / Cognos / Oracle R12 or similar financial & management accounting systems.
Experience in Construction or related industry is highly desired
We are keen to review profiles ASAP and interviews are due to be held next few weeks. If you are immediately available, or on a 1 week notice, please do apply with an up to date copy of your CV.