Senior Property Accountant
- Up to NZD80000.00 per annum
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Accounting, Property/Client/Service Charge Accounting
- 26th April 2018
- Job Type
Cobalt has been engaged by a leading Commercial and Real Estate Management company for a Senior Property Accountant position operating within the Finance & Real Estate division of the business.
This person will lead a busy team of people, providing accounting services for premium clients of assigned portfolio's under their current management accounting system, and beyond. You will also be assisting the Senior leadership team with the investigation of an alternative Property Management software platform, improving process efficiency for the business in the future.
You will be joining an energised team that takes pride in their service delivery, the building and sharing of their expertise, and demonstrates a continuous drive towards excellence.
Key functions & responsibilities include:
- Ensure appropriate accounting information is supplied in the formats agreed with clients
- Liaise with the property management department for any financial requirements relating to current or potential client needs
- Filing of any statutory returns
- Managing tenant invoicing, tenant debtors and account queries
- Preparing annual & monthly financial statements for property management clients, and operating expense wash-ups
- Annual budgeting
- Monthly cash flow and reconciling cashbooks for assigned properties
You will have property related experience naturally, but also come with a toolbox of accounting skills. You will need to have the confidence to lead this accounting hub of highly sophisticated clients, be systems orientated and up for the challenge of co-leading a potential change in operating system. You will have the aspiration to lead a team, and provide a level of impartiality towards system change and improved data & analysis.
Core competences include:
- Ability to provide quality output within deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel
- Strong knowledge of Property Accounting systems and a "tech savvy" skill base
- Ability to lead change across the business
- Maturity to adhere to Company, corporate and industry ethics and codes of conduct
- Comply with all safe working procedures and OH&S legislation
- Ability to participate in Company activities and adhere to policy and procedure in promoting departmental compliance
We are also looking for an excellent communicator who enjoys a work life balance and contributes towards a positive working environment.
Please apply if you have the motivation to manage this accounting hub, and collaborate with senior members of the business on change, alongside championing a well-known brand within the Property Industry.
Please apply to email@example.com or call +9 303 9093 for further details.