Clerk of Works
- GBP30 - GBP35 per hour
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Site Management
- 21st May 2018
- Job Type
Clerk of Works
An opportunity has become available for a Clerk of Works to join an estates team at a major Museum based in London. You will play a key role in overseeing all standards and performance of a variety of capital and maintenance projects across the museum site.
£30.00 to £35.00 Per Hour
Depending on Experience
Your responsibilities will include;
- Be attentive to detail when checking all works and materials, demonstrate an ability to lead and set the standard of work expected on site in accordance with the specification.
- Responsible for ensuring all works are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements and current best practice.
- You will be managing capital projects and minor works.
- Ensuring that contractor's site agents are fully conversant with specifications of projects.
- Responsible for maintaining an asbestos management plan.
- To pro-actively identify quality issues on site.
- Regularly attend inspections, snagging and handovers of work whilst checking work against contract specification and industry practice.
- Responsible for over seeing technical drawings and plans.
- ICWCI Membership or HNC/HND in relevant qualification.
- Knowledgeable with non domestic building works and sites.
- A wide understanding of the building industry including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements.
- Experience of working in a Clerk of works or Site Managerial position.
- Hold relevant Health and Safety qualifications, SMSTS, CSCS or IOSH preferable
- P405 qualification, preferable
- Have practical IT skills and be able to use various software packages to accurately update data.
This role is an ideal opportunity to work for a well renowned organisation and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next… If you are interested in the position or wish for further information please submit your CV in Word format