Freelance Quantity Surveyor
- GBP350 - GBP400 per day
- UK, Kent
- Construction & Engineering, Commercial Management
- 3rd September 2018
- Job Type
Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor - Main Contractor, Highways, Civils
Rate: £350 - £400 per day ltd
Duration: minimum 6 months
We are seeking expressions of interest from freelance Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors across the Midlands and South East who are looking for opportunities on long-term highways projects.
With several contract awards imminent, and our relationships on live highways projects, we are keen to talk to those with strong commercial acumen and NEC contract experience. Projects include highway widening, bridges, junctions and Smart Motorways.
This roles will be perfect for individuals with a demonstrable track record procuring and managing subcontracts for main contractor on substantial projects. The form of contract is NEC so you must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of this form. Do get in touch if you also have a good background in rail projects.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be:
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect the contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and consultancy agreements)
- Cost and Value management
- Recording and assisting with management of change and variation
To be successful in this role, it is anticipated that you:
-Have extensive and demonstrable experience in pricing in civils and highways under NEC contracts
-Hold a minimum of an HNC qualification in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
-Ideally be Chartered or near completing your MRICS or MInstCES