Senior Structural Engineer
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 20th February 2018
- Job Type
About the Company
Cobalt recruitment have been recruiting specialists in the Property, Construction & Engineering talent for specialist consultancies, architectural practices, professional services firms, main contractors, developers, large and small scale property owners and fund managers across New Zealand since 2009.
We are now recruiting for a newly created role with a highly lucrative organisation who have a strong foothold across Australia and New Zealand.
You will be a pivotal part of the Management team working closely with Consultants, Engineers and Contractors to advise on complex projects that are changing the face of New Zealand. On a day to day basis you will be using your knowledge of NZ structural building codes and legislation knowledge as well as your expertise in Engineering processes including managing your team to a successful delivery. This is an opportunity for you to either step up into a Senior Management position or re-establish your-self in a highly accalimed organisation and lead the charge!
For your skills you will receive:
- Flexible working hours to avoid the traffic.
- Fantastic team environment with a supportive management team
- Excellent pay and remuneration along with regular reviews.
You will need:
- At least 5 years experience in structural design of which at least 3 years local experience.
- Experienced in the detailed design and analysis of buildings using ETABS, SAP 2000 and/or SPACE GASS.
- Ability to lead a team of intermediate and junior engineers.
- Be an astute business developer and be able to build strong client relationships
- Have solid seismic design experience.
- Sound knowledge of NZ building /structural codes and/or ACI/UBC codes.
- Self-motivated with a real passion for Structural Engineering.
- Both commercially and technically focused.
- Have a passion for innovation and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
This is an ambitious company that are looking for candidates that want to constantly be working on unique projects. If you feel you can add technical skills alongside senior leadership this could be a perfect business for you.
Please email your CV (ideally in Word format) to email@example.com or call Kelly-Jo Ward for a confidential chat on Ph. 09 303 9093