- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 20th February 2018
- Job Type
About the Company
A well established Consultancy, who have operated in the New Zealand market for over thirty years are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer or Chartered Engineer to join their team. They have massive growth plans in the next two years and want to get a Senior Structural Engineer in place to work closely with the Director and potentially have shares in the business. There is a clear career pathway all the way to the top; varied, technically challenging projects; and a great company culture. They are involved in numerous high-end residential and commercial projects both in New Zealand and overseas.
The role will see you working on project delivery across a variety of diverse and interesting projects, including design and analysis.
This is a business that revolves around the quality of its people, with the highly experienced, enthusiastic and professional team constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation.
- At least 10 years experience in structural design of which at least 6 years MUST have been gained in New Zealand.
- To be experienced in the detailed design and analysis of buildings using ETABS, SAP 2000 and/or SPACE GASS.
- A working knowledge of Revit is required.
- Ability to lead a team of intermediate and junior engineers.
- An astute business developer and be able to build strong client relationships
- A proven background in medium to large scale commercial or multistorey buildings
- Sound knowledge of NZ building /structural codes and/or ACI/UBC codes.
- Self-motivated with a real passion for Structural Engineering.
- Commercially and technically focused.
- Passionate for innovation and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
This is an ambitious company that are looking for candidates that want to constantly be working on large unique projects. If you feel you can add technical skills alongside senior leadership this could be a perfect business for you.