Head of Corporate Finance & Investment Management (m/f)
- Financial Services, Investment Banking
- 21st February 2018
- Job Type
Our client has nearly 25 years of experience in creating and driving the sector and is the authority in understanding and supporting the opportunities presented by continual expansion of international higher education. Within this period the platform has designed, managed, funded, developed and invested real estate in over 40 cities. Today the team focuses on the optimal locations in each city they operate in, ensuring that they cater to the needs of both students and universities. The long-term vision of our client is to become the world's leading provider of student housing with more than 250,000 beds by 2025.
The client’s strategy is to use its history, expertise and knowledge to deliver the best-in-class and most culturally appropriate student communities in every local market globally. In tandem with its brand, the Group’s strategic objectives are to become the number one global brand in their market; to be the first-choice destination for international stakeholder who wish to invest in this sector; all of which delivers double digit year on year growth profitability.
Due to continued committed equity and the highly positive market situation in Europe, especially in Germany, our client is now expanding the German operations and looking to bring onboard a Head of Corporate Finance & Investment Manager (m/f) responsible acquisitions, debt management and financing strategy. The financial services professional will be required to use his track record within the real estate market to drive forward the debt management efforts in Frankfurt am Main and London. Candidates will be working in Frankfurt and reporting directly to the senior management in Frankfurt and London.
Area of Responsibility
- Advising the senior management in Frankfurt am Main and London throughout the acquisition process and certain project development stages.
- Support in underwriting of new investments with differing levels of responsibility for individual asset transactions versus portfolios and be an active partner for the Senior Management/Geschäftsführung in the entire acquisition process
- To supervise the real estate debt management process in Germany and provide consistent strategy for raising debt
- Preparing budget, liquidity and business plans in cooperation with the acquisition and asset management teams for the relevant areas and assuming responsibility for financing projects
- Responsible for the acquisition of new banking and financing partners and presentation of the financing structure (s) with different banking and financing partners.
- Design of the financing parameters along the offer / term sheet phase and autonomous negotiation of credit agreements and security documentation according to German or, if applicable, international financing standards (LMA Standard).
- Monitoring of ongoing reporting obligations including relevant covenant calculations.
- Structuring and closing of interest rate hedges and ensuring payment conditions.
- Timely management of debt/equity while distributing profits in accordance with performance.
- Work with capital partners to maintain regular connectivity and investor insight.
- Responsibility for suitable risk management analysis and provide risk matrix across funds with appropriate mitigations if possible.
- Partnering with finance functions to ensure fund regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Working with other regional Investment Management colleagues across the markets to drive consistency and continually improve quality of reporting and analysis.
- Reporting directly to the senior management in Frankfurt am Main and London and close collaboration with the Managing Director Germany.
The required Profile
- Above average successfully completed university degree
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in the origination, execution and analysis of structured real estate financing and / or the active management of real estate capital markets transactions with a bank, a private equity company, fund or real estate company (investor or developer within the departments of Finance or Treasury).
- Excellent knowledge in the areas of real estate finance, accounting and the common transaction structures (portfolio and individual property level, asset and share deals, sale and leaseback, fund structures, etc.) and current real estate capital market skills are required.
- Experience of capital markets, the use of debt and financial instruments, fund structuring and associated tax issues.
- Energetic, resourceful with the ability to take the initiative and make informed decisions. A proactive/diligent Individual.
- A team player with demonstrable ability to work in a team.
- Strong leadership & people management skills.
- Good spoken and written English language skills with the ability to present and communicate effectively in English and German.
If you value working in a dynamic environment and a successful team, then please send us your detailed application documents quoting reference number AB / 58716 email@example.com or call our exclusive contracted and specialized consultants Mr. Anthony Baumruk at +49 (0) 69 3 4877 4471 to discuss details of this position. We look forward to receiving your application