Managing Director, Private Equity
- Negotiable + Highly competitive salary + carry
- Asia, Hong Kong
- Financial Services, Private Equity/Principal Investment
- 2nd August 2018
- Job Type
Our client is an exciting and rapidly growing private equity fund based in the Asia region. Having been established for several years, they have developed a highly impressive investment team across Singapore and Hong Kong of top-tier investment professionals as well as an impressive portfolio of assets.
As the business continues to grow, there is a need to bring on board a Managing Director to lead their business in Hong Kong. This is an outstanding opportunity for a Managing Director currently sitting in a private equity business or team to join a growing fund where you will have the opportunity to work with the team and play a key role in the growth of the overall business to become one of the leading PE funds in the Asia region.
The Managing Director will;
- Work with the Chairman and other Managing Directors of the fund to continue to develop and implement the investment strategy as well as grow the business.
- Oversee the growing team in Hong Kong whilst continuing to grow the business.
- Regularly network and interact with investment bankers, private equity and industry professionals as a means to originating investment opportunities across the Asia region.
- Oversee the investment team to execute investments as well as exits.
- Sit on the boards of portfolio companies, working with the senior management from the fund as well as portfolio company to develop the business strategy and operations.
- Provide training and development to junior members of the team as and when needed.
Interested candidate must;
- Be currently sitting in a Managing Director position within either a private equity fund or arm of a larger business based in Hong Kong.
- Have proven experience of leading investment teams including taking responsibility for setting the investment strategy.
- Possess a strong investment track record having led the origination, execution, portfolio management and exit of investments in the Asia region.
- Be a team player with strong communication skills and ability to interact and liaise with all levels of management.
- Be highly motivated by an opportunity to join a growing investment fund where you have the chance to work with a strong team to grow the overall business.
This is a highly exciting opportunity and the criteria listed above will be applied. Should you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Reg. no: R1764400
Lic. No: 12C6031
Cobalt are specialists in the Asian private equity market.