Litigator | 2-5 years experienced
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Legal, Solicitors
- 25th April 2018
- Job Type
This is a unique opportunity at the junior or intermediate level to join a leading specialist litigation firm. You'll have the opportunity to work across a few partners and learn from the best in the industry. The work will be a good mix of civil and commercial litigation work with exposure to criminal cases as well. You'll represents clients both in the private and public sector and get good hands on exposure to court work. No two days will be the same and this position would suit a lawyer that's interested in representing both private and public sector clients in court.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good university academic record for your law degree (at least a B average and no fails)
- At least 1.5 years NZ practising legal experience in the litigation area. If you have experience in a different field e.g. commercial and are looking to crossover into litigation, our client is willing to consider those from a non-contentious legal background provided you have strong academics.
- A passion for litigation, advocacy and dispute resolution work
- An ability to think on your feet, be adaptable and be a team player
Perhaps you're about to complete your Judges Clerkship and you'd like to develop your private practice career within a well-regarded litigation firm or you may be working within a large firm's litigation team and would like to get hands on court work. Likewise, you might be working in a smaller firm and would like to work on more complex, high profile litigation cases. Whichever the case, enquire now to find out more about this opportunity.
For further information, contact Anand Ranchhod on 027 274 6186 or email your CV and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.